Monday, September 12, 2011

Collaboration across the globe

Following on from my previous post, Collaboration... and cake, while I was living in Australia over the past few years, I collaborated with a group of other photographers to produce regular exhibitions.   They taught me a huge amount and certainly helped take my photography to a new level (in return for which I bossed them around to help get the exhibitions up – after 10 years as a lawyer, I’m pretty good at writing ‘to do’ lists).  We’ve decided not to let the fact that I have moved 10,000 miles away to Munich stop us from collaborating (or stop me from bossing them around).  So I will be participating in their next Sydney exhibition, based on the theme “Urban”.


Here are some pictures from the last exhibition, which had a 1950s theme. I was inspired by 1950s haute couture, the Dior "New Look" and the fashion photography of Richard Avedon and Cecil Beaton. As you can see from the credits below, it was quite a team effort and involved a lot of planning and preparation. But it was worth it - I even got a mention in the Sydney Morning Herald entertainment supplement. It's going to be a tough one to beat!











Credits
Models (in order): Charlotte Brierley, Amanda Dallimore and Lara Stanley
Millinery: Catherine Kelly
Hair & Make-up: Cheryl Tang and Tenny Boyjian
Styling: Abby Macaranas
Assistant photographers: Robert Walsh (studio shoot) Lizanne Perry (on-location shoot)


All images copyright Lia Edwards 2010. Images may not be reproduced or used for any purpose without prior written consent.

No comments:

Post a Comment