Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Being creative and starting small

My first post.  How exciting!  Well I thought I would start with a word about what creativity means to me.  I know people tend to think of themselves as either creative or not, but, in small ways, we all create things every day. If you’ve ever cooked for loved ones (adding a dash of this and that to the recipe), picked out plants for your garden or chosen a colour scheme for your living room, doodled while on a conference call, taken a picture of something cool on your smartphone, joined in with the kids’ hand-painting or hummed a new tune in the shower, then you’ve created something. You don’t have to be born creative.  You just need to decide to create and do it. Start small. And the more you do it, the better you'll get.  Here’s a doodle I created on the back of a hotel envelope while on the phone the other day. 


3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world, Lia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your "doodle" ..tree trunks? beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Impressed! By the doodle, the post, the idea behind the post and by the speed with which you have implemented the whole blogging plan (though completely unsurprised, having seen you operate in professional lfe before :) )! I look forward to following...

    ReplyDelete